At Briscoe we employ our own well-trained staff to cook nutritious, tasty meals made from fresh local ingredients. Children have a choice of three meals daily and they make their menu choices during morning registration.
Pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for free universal meals irrespective of their familycircumstances.
School meals cost £2 per day. Please ensure all payments are made on Monday mornings or the morning that the dinner is requested. Please put the correct money in a sealed, named envelope.
Are you eligible for free school meals?
Parents/Carers who are in receipt of certain benefits may be entitled to a free school meal award for their child. More information about the process can be obtained from Essex County Council’s website.
You should apply for free school meals if you receive any of the these benefits:
• We do sometimes have a special menu day. Can we have the facility to add these as and when they occur.
• Income support
• Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
• Income-related employment and support allowance
• Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The Guarantee element of state pension credit
• Child tax credit, provided they are not entitled to working tax credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
You will not normally be eligible if you receive any amount of working tax credit.