At Briscoe we employ our own well-trained staff to cook nutritious, tasty meals made from fresh local ingredients. Children have a choice of three meals daily and they make their menu choices during morning registration.
Pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for free universal meals irrespective of their family circumstances.
School meals cost £2 per day. Please ensure all payments are made on Monday mornings or the morning that the dinner is requested. Please put the correct money in a sealed, named envelope.
Are you eligible for free school meals?
Parents/Carers who are in receipt of certain benefits may be entitled to a free school meal award for their child. More information about the process can be obtained from Essex County Council’s website.
• Income support
• Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
• Income-related employment and support allowance
• Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The Guarantee element of state pension credit
• Child tax credit, provided they are not entitled to working tax credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
You will not normally be eligible if you receive any amount of working tax credit.
T. 01268 727751
Enquiries: Mrs G Fletcher
Inclusion Lead: Mrs L Hargreaves
Monday to Friday
8.30am - 4.30pm